Saturday, March 11, 2023

Another day in crazy-ville

Between banking failure news, historic snowfall and now flooding in CA, I guess I am glad I had to go purposely look for news. 

Now that I have switched over to Roku, looks like it just lost 25% of its cash in SVB failure. I love the way billionaire Theil and the SVB Chief, Greg Becker, sold $3.6 million in stocks days before failure ... pretty sure this is illegal? I guess many other SVB bank executives sold many shares as well! So they were aware something terrible was about to happen while telling clients to stay calm. When will these people start going to jail for these crimes? 

And then there are ridiculous stories ... Florida woman calls for Sugar Daddy Appreciation Day at board meeting, TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — A woman took the podium at the Boca Raton Planning & Zoning Board meeting on March 2 with an unusual request. She asked the board to designate March 10 as “Sugar Daddy and Mommy Appreciation Day.” WAIT, WHAT???

This is heartbreaking

2 comments:

Joanne S said...

don't worry- the fiduciary board knows about the board members and their feet will be held to the FIRE.
It was on MSNBC the day it happened.

We are expecting some sort of BAD WEATHER here. I got groceries and have a pot of soup on the stove.
I have bread and peanut butter. Apples.

Kim Carney said...

I did hear about your upcoming weather event! stay warm, NO shoveling ;)