Monday, February 06, 2023

This and that, a material girl's first world problem

Okay, I know there are bigger issues in the world, but what in the heck has Madonna done to her face? I see her Twitter or Instagram post sometimes so I know she is truly seeking some serious attention. Can't women just age gracefully and not become the brunt of a "who wore it better" joke? She has ruined her face, and puffed up her lips. I don't know whether to laugh or cry for her.

Back in the real world away from celebrity wasting money on frivolous and stupid sh*t, there is a horrible earthquake in Turkey. The minute I saw the breaking news I started trying to find a news source to watch on my Roku. Very frustrating. Entire high-rise apartment buildings have collapsed. If you watch some of the footage, it really seemed to last forever. Nothing scares me more and I try NOT to think about our area and the possible next "bit one". I  just remember the fear and chaos that went on forever when I was San Francisco. I try not to think about that day to day here.
Well, I hope this wasn't a Nuclear plant. I originally heard it was gas. 

I have definitely turned into my mom. Besides watching cSpan, if I see a bargain at the grocery store in the 'buy it now' section, I grab it. Yesterday I saw a chicken breast for $1.50, ran home to make even more blackened chicken. I had to cut it in half and pound it for a long time. I even made my own blackened seasoning mix since I was running out of the original. I also found hotdogs, a two bag, on sale for $2.50. I feed Pixie that when she refuses to eat anything else. It is my backup. So I froze them. I made a black bean, blackened chicken, cheese quesadilla last night with salsa and guacamole (also on sale).

The world is either blowing the shit out of each other OR trying to help their neighbor dig kids out of rubble and rebuild. This world is so messed up.

1 comment:

LindaSonia said...

Yikes! I just heard some tweeter on my local news post about 'what happened to Madonna'. I was going to Google her but I see now. Her look kinda reminds me of Priscilla Presley. Personally I couldn't care less about Botox or Juvederm et al.