Tuesday, February 14, 2023

The sound of music

I was watching a video on peppercorns and heard this Indian music, really it was an Indian musical instrument that I always hear and absolutely love. Thought I would find out what it was. Googled Indian musical instruments low frequency, Indian instrument that sounds like water, and on and on. I finally found it. A large, round pot called a Ghatam and it is only when they tap the opening of the pot does it is make that great sound. It always sounds like something under water.

 

I have always been mesmerized by Indian music, all of the instruments are interesting.

 

 6 Fascinating Instruments You Might Not Have Heard Of

   

And speaking of water. I swear when I hear the theme song from Vera, I always think of waves, water, something flowing back and forth, hypnotic. Or wind blowing in the trees. Now that I think on, maybe more wind blowing the the tops of trees? 

And then there is the great theme song from Midsomer Murders with the Theremin. David had to tell me about that instrument. It is so haunting.

   

This is fun, the cello score from Father Brown. 

 

Of course Miss Marple sounds just like an innocent, nosy old woman getting into the thick of things. 

  

Avengers, light-hearted, energetic, hip, cool. 

'

Oh, PS here was the peppercorn and cinammon video I was watching. Interesting. 

2 comments:

LindaSonia said...

One of my favorite posts of yours was a compilation of PBS Masterpiece Mystery theme songs you put together. It's one thing to hear the music in the background, but to hear them as a stand alone work of art was so much fun! Like hearing them for the first time. Wish I had bookmarked it.

Susan said...

When you come for a visit next, we will go to the Music Instrument Museum and see if f we can’t find that Ghatam!