Thursday, February 16, 2023

Taking control over storing and comics

Bri and had a comic expert come over yesterday to look at the 15 or so boxes (100 per box) of comics. Neatly stored in special boxes for comics, each has each own plastic sleeve. Jim said David really had a good eye for collecting but he wasn't interested, he only collects pre-1980 and later. But he talked to Bri about selling on E-bay, how to list, others places to sell, how they verify a comic in good shape (Bri had all ready found this out). They talked about a lot of comic stuff that made my head hurt. 

I have NO interest in the comics, NOR do I want to learn about them, or how to sell them. I have gifted them to Matt and Bri, to do with what they want, keep, sell, save for the future. Makes me sense to me. 

And Jim was also a professional photographer. I had a hallway full of photo books looking for a new owner so I suggested he have a look. He also like some of the graphic novel illustrator books and I said HAVE AT IT!. I mean he had just spent an hour or more giving us free advise, it felt good to 1. pay him in some way for his time 2. feel about 20 books lighter. Win Win. 

All of these toxic spills and explosions are unnerving. Politicians demanding to know more about the balloons. China threatening U.S. if we make a big deal out of them. Turkey. The world feels more chaotic than usual. So to feel a little bit of control, a nice video about food storage. 

 

 10 Essential Cooking Skills That Every Cook Should Know 

I would like to have these containers to replace some of the sour cream tubs I have.

2 comments:

Joanne S said...

I use canning jars. Come in many sizes....with lids.
Husband's Soup is stored in Quart Jars. Yogurt in Pint Jars. Jars can even survive in the freezer.
Cheap- but not s cheap as they used to be. I buy them at the local"cheap" store. by the dozen.
Goodwill and Thrift store often have them when household downsize.

Buttons, string and thread look good in them as well. Crayons. etc.

Kim Carney said...

I love it. I do use them occasionally, I should use them more!