Friday, February 03, 2023

A thousands solutions to a problem

Been up on and off since 4a. Gave up and made coffee. Found a 2008 series Eli Stone that is very entertaining. 

The only sounds I hear besides the television is Pixie camping out on the sofa in the front room, watching out the window for any intruders to bark wildly at. 

I want there shoes.

Did I mention I think we lost the neighborhood hummingbirds in the last ice storm that lasted over a week? I think we had a couple of weeks of really cold weather. I have seen them buzzing around and I am really worried. They usually hang out in the back neighbors weeping willow. I bought some new syrup and put out the feeder again hoping ... 

Meanwhile, the backyard birds hanging out at the feeders are very, very happy, chatty. It is fun to watch them dart around. I keep watch for the neighborhood cats to chase off. 

A very good and talented friend calls me from time to time for art advice. She works for a company without an art director or other designers or illustrators to consult with. I know that is a very lonely place to be. Being a part of a team, being able to brainstorm ideas is really the fun part. BUT having an art director or all-knowing editor give you visual advise can also be very vexing. Yes, they can have their ideas and visions, but with every project there are thousands of solutions. I have dealt with this for years ... getting someone pushing ideas. I have brought this up with them ... "there are are always many, many solutions for a project" I would chime in. Katie goes through this with her supervisors ... many other ideas. When I think her ideas that she is showing me are solid. I always tell her, just keep playing with this idea and whip it into shape. She will learn in time to go with her instinct and stick with it. She will know when she needs to turn a corner in a new direction but she also needs to trust herself. I assure her ... you are doing great ... march on!

I am trying to take my own advice, march on! And get my shit done! Instead of getting bogged down in depression and fear. 

No comments: