Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Medicare, banquet rooms and thank you cards

God, I hate being an adult. It is scary, boring, too serious! I spent all this morning on the phone with a medicare representative talking about healthcare supplementals options and could feel my blood pressure rising every minute. So many options. I keep thinking, Please God, let me go before I have to use most of these options!

Yesterday I spent on the phone with HR, making sure I was signing my name on the correct dotted line. Talking to the Fidelity rep, he is calling me back tomorrow to go over some details. Got most of my documents signed correctly so I can send them off when the Death Certificate shows up. 

Then spend the rest of the day looking for banquet rooms in Edmonds that are affordable, HINT: there are very few. The one I really like was okay, but it required  you use their caterer whose options are from $3,500-$5,000. I would like to have a nice get-together to celebrate David's life. I am trying to not to "cheap out" ;). I mean he deserves a good send-off with some decent food. Right?

Dug out my Thank You cards I made years ago with my flower photos.  I think I might make some new ones, I need many, many thank you cards.

Ordered new checks. I couldn't find any and you have to attach a check to one of these doc

Spent hours on the phone with my S-I-L, she helped me edit my obit. Talking about photos, and stuff.

Talk to my sister, talked to my friend Ruth. Watered my newly planted wilted hydrangea and managed a second shower in the process.

To try and calm my nerves while talking to Bart, the Medicare Rep, this is what I was looking at on Pinterest. :) 

I finally decided to take a Advil PM last night to insure sleep.

On Etsy for $600.

Found this on at SEA

Fern Linen Blouse by Tessa Perlow
Crocheted cotton cardigan

Jane Ormes, printmaker - A Fine Fleeced Flock

Linda Tordoff. Paintlove Studio

No comments: