Sunday, October 09, 2022

Beachcombing magic

byeen0402 finds very unique seaglass and tiles in Japan. I have never seen finds like these at the beach!

Canadian redislandseaglass on Instagram and on Etsy. Seriously, I have never found some of these colors while beachcombing.
Isle of Mull artists, Andy & Helen Mortley beachcombing mandelas. Does make me want to run the beach to discover some random treasures.
Did you know there is a Beachcomging Magazine?  

How do these beachglass beaches happen? There’s A Beach In Hawaii Made Entirely Out Of Seaglass And It’s Astounding. "The glass found at this beach was mainly created from broken bottles and auto glass that was dumped years ago, and subsequently smoothed by time and ocean tides. Fun fact: it takes the ocean approximately 10 to 30 years to create each piece of frosted sea glass. More than a century ago, it was decided that, for whatever reason, this stretch of beach would serve as a dumping site for many of Kauai’s discarded items, from old cars and large metal structures to windows, bottles, and other junk."

3 comments:

LindaSonia said...

Must be nice ... I myself have no such beachy-find collection. Pretty amazing.

Kim Carney said...

I KNOW, I don't think our beaches offer up such lovely things

Joanne S said...

Maine- the islands off the EAST coast have lots of gorgeous Beach Glass. Possibly from European garbage. Dumped into the Ocean. My daughter collects it when it's available to make earrings. To sell. The Islanders are touchy about people collecting it.