Monday, February 14, 2011

Philip R. Goodwin

D and I didn't find too many interesting things at the Antique Fair last weekend. We did run across some magazine prints of American Painter, Philip R. Goodwin (1882-1935) that we both fell in love with. The other night, David was Googling him and I swear at that very moment ... a painting of Philip R. Goodwin popped up on Antiques Roadshow. I told D to come look at this wonderful painting and it was indeed the same artist! Estimated value, $120,000 and the woman hated the painting she has inherited and kept it in a closet! Argh! D and I just looked at each.

Examples of his work and portfolios and here

We thought the National Museum of Wildlife Art might be a fun trip.


3 comments:

Catherine dee Auvil said...

I saw that Roadshow and noticed the beautiful birch bark canoe. I also came across this artist recently because I was reading about illustrators of "Call of the Wild". Thanks for the links. I want to know more about him.

Catherine dee Auvil said...

Art of "Call of the Wild", some by Goodwin.

http://tinyurl.com/46kfkym

Kim Carney said...

Didn't you LOVE the golden water/reflection? Thanks for that link, David was reading all about his career. He is totally enamoured!