Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Dressing in another time

We watched the last episode of Downton Abbey and it will be sorely missed on Sunday nights. Can't find out when the next installment are meant to be released. But BBC, will you please hurry up?

I want to dress in an Edwardian tea dress! Although David reminds me I would more than likely be wearing something more in the downstairs "maid" outfit. Feast your eyes on Edwardian Fashion - image gallery 1 and image gallery 2. Don't those clothes make your heart beat a little faster?

Embroidered lace/tulle tea dress
and Belgian mixed princess lace jacket and Natural linen suit ... be still my heart.

4 comments:

Maxinetoo said...

Gorgeous! How can you not love period costumes.

Karan said...

I loved Downton Abbey too and I'm going to miss it and hope that Masterpiece Theater picks up Season 2 as soon as it gets done. I'm a bit embarrassed about how much I got wrapped up and care about the characters.

Kim Carney said...

Me too, Karan! I love the upstairs/downstairs aspect of the series. I think the main daughter really messed up ;( and hope they can make their way back together ;)

Karan said...

I'm hoping that they can get back together too and I love how evil she was with her sister! Edith deserved it in a big way.