Friday, March 10, 2006

Disappearing Act

This morning my blog vanished. A couple of post, but no sidebar, no photos. When I tried to log in, it said that blog did not exist and neither did my password. My friend Tara had this problem not long ago and lost her blog. Now I am worried. I thought about all of those wonderful links I threw away in email because they were forever posted on my blog. I thought about much of the other stuff I had lost. I think I will print the entire blog and note the links on the side. Oh, the wonders of modern technology. Is anyone else having this issue?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes!!?? what a sinking feeling that would be... can you do some kind of system backup or copy of your blog to disc or to somewhere else on your hard drive? At least you would have a copy somewhere.

My blog only has two posts, so I wouldn't stand to lose much... LOLOL Reminder to self - get a computer for home.

Anonymous said...

Your archive links are working for me. Can you access those to copy, at least?

LouAnne said...

Kim: I have visited your blog twice today and all seems well - everything seems to be there. Hope this is just one of those quirky little irritating internet "thangs".

Kerstin Svendsen said...

scary indeed. but good thing it's all there now! let us know what you find out. i wish blogger had a way for us to save a backup to discs or something...

Anonymous said...

Gahhhh! How terrifying! Maybe Blogger had a hiccup or something.

phlegmfatale said...

Yeah, it must have been a blogjam, because it happened to mine this morning - and I was worried too!

LeggNet said...

This has always kind of concerned me in the back of my mind. Though I use Blogger, I have my blog posted on my own server (through FTP). Might be something to consider. This way, you have a bit more control over the content.

Rich
LeggNet's Digital Capture
http://www.leggnet.com