Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Meemaw has a Karen-in-the-wild-moment.

It happened at Jack in the Box, getting food for the kids after school. The little crappy chicken nuggets for the kids, a couple of bagged french fries in the kid's meal, my single hamburger and we all wanted milkshakes. Small ones. Which they did not have. I ordered an Oreo, vanilla, and chocolate. She kept writing down Oreo, vanilla and strawberry. I corrected her at least 5 times (to be fair, there was a lot of traffic noise). When we got to the window, thankfully, Mason caught the word strawberry when she was telling us our order. I said, NO NO. Oreo, vanilla and Chocolate, not strawberry. I might have said that last a little forcefully because that is when Mason made the comparison and said "Meemaw, you are acting like a Karen". We all laughed and had to wait another 5+minutes in front of the store for the (get this) $34.00 meal. So I paid $5 for ONE milkshake! They only had one size, the $5 size LOL 

And of course, the kids didn't finish their nuggets and I only ate half of the burger and fed the rest to Murphy's happy mouth. 

I was telling Joanne this story and thought it said so much about the times, I had to share. 

I love this woman (Textile Designer Rebecca Vizard), her style, her home and her ridiously adorable dogs. Her Instagram.

 

Just to make you feel old, BeeGees Grandkids, you are welcome.

No comments: