Friday, September 22, 2023

"I told you so"

The shrimp pesto dish, super easy, really good. I didn't not cook the pasta long enough, I find when I think it is done ... leave it a few more minutes. I think I would add some cayenne pepper to the spice mix but I will definitely make this again. I made just enough for one meal. I threw away a bunch of spaghetti yesterday in the trash. I am slowly learning. 

This time I removed the tails before cooking so I don't have the usual mess while eating. Got my Covid booster and the flu yesterday. Was going to also get a couple of more but thought better of it in the long run. I will just go back later. My arm, super sore but so far, I feel fine. I managed to trip on my slide-ons taking the trash out and fell in the street. Perfectly okay, just feel silly. As my son said, quit wearing those silly shoes in the yard. Which is what David always told me. He is up there, telling me, "I told you so". 

Woke up very, very early and managed to go back to sleep after watching something on YouTube. We have a weather change coming. It starts out cool and turns warm in the late afternoon. But they are warning, go enjoy the sun ... it is not going to last. Not what I want to hear, but whatever ... it is the rainy PNW (or use to be). I need to finish picking up the backyard. We are still under a drought in this area. I landed on this Frontline piece that was such a great interview with Mona Charen. This is a part of the Lies, Politics and Democracy (full documentary) | FRONTLINE. She is probably not someone I would have read in her former Republican state but she has some great, truthful observations here. It was funny because one of my best friends and I had a long conversation yesterday that headed to the trump cult and how I react and why I choose not to associate with former friends and family that are a part of the cult. Elana says because I am enlightened. I just will not tolerate someone that refuses to acknowledge the moral decay of that man, it is a moral issue, completely. He is obscene and the tongue-thrashing she gives the gutless, spineless, republicans is delicious. I know I watched some of the bigger documentary, don't know how I missed her!

  

The girls are going to spend the night if I keep feeling okay. They always want to spend the night until about 20 minutes into the visit, then they are bored LOL. I think we will make a cake, watch the Barbie movie. I watched an interesting video. I subscribe to this historian, Waldemar Januszczak. He has all kinds of fascinating history documentaries. This one was about. Rococo art, the basic and then the more risqué art. I learned what a Catholic Scapular Necklace was ... not sure I have heard of this before. "Wearing a blessed scapular indicates, first and foremost, the conscious effort of one who is motivated to live as a true disciple of Christ. In this way, a scapular offers many occasions of grace. It acts as a reminder to pray regularly, to ask the intercession of the Blessed Mother, and to live a faith-filled life." My mom has one, I just never heard what it was called. I think the original ones were just fabric. 

 

This is the risqué one 

Rococo paintings



 

Rococo Mask from Venice. Rococo interiors were just more of everything, more gold, more blue, more ornate. The Baroque period saw the creation of writing music in a particular key. However, the Baroque period is commonly known for complex pieces and intricate harmonies. Still, this period laid the groundwork for the next 300 years of music.


New shows, on Peacock, The IrrationalThe Continental. Mile 22 on Netflix, a spy thriller, intense, brutal, bloody. Uncharted is a couple of years old, but an action adventure worth watching again. In other words, I have stepped away from Dateline LOL

2 comments:

LindaSonia said...

You are very cavalier about falling. I would be so afraid of really hurting something - maybe this comes from having fractured my knee getting caught up in the garden hose a while ago and falling on the concrete drive. Ugh. Now I'm paranoid.

Got my flu shot too and my Covid and RSV are scheduled. I may even start wearing a mask again. Paranoia is a wonderful thing - no? LOL

Kim Carney said...

I know, I felt so silly falling over my sandal ... but you see how easy it is to really hurt yourself. I big bang up my knee, but thankfully, it did not hit as hard as it could have been because I hit the back of my head.

YES! I am paranoid about walking around in the garden these days ... I find my feet tangled up in everything and I have really started paying attention. Weird how that happens so quickly.

I have thought I should start wearing a mask again. About half of all shoppers here are wearing them, even younger folks.