Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Rearranging my collections

I forgot one more movie I enjoyed on Netflix, Love at First Sight, a sweet, predictable RomCom. Another one I am re-watching is a Harry Hole, detective,  murder mystery, The Snowman. I am pretty sure I listened to this on Audible.

 

I took yesterday off from freelance, but need to get back on it today. I finished transferring the vials of sand to the cabinet. Still very shoved in there. They are about 4 deep in some places which it makes it hard to appreciate all the different colors. But it is nice having them all together. I hate taking them out of the cute vintage wooden boxes, but they are now spread all the house. Gave my curios little more space to breath on the wall. Looks very different. Everything has a more room to breath. I have my box-o-shells, looks like I love to have little collections in a box or a big bowl, doesn't it? 

I woke up this morning to a little bloody mystery mess in the kitchen. It looked like spilled wine but I don't have any wine here. It was sticky and I thought, Jeez, it's blood. Like someone had been cut and murdered in the kitchen.  As I was mopping it up, I finally remembered I had left some of the hamburger I had found in the freezer and cooked for Pixie, leaving a little out in plastic on the counter that I forgot to put up. I woke up in the middle of the night remembering I had left it out. In the dark, I got up and put it in the refrigerator. So, how I forgot that this morning, I don't know but it was a little shocked for a couple of minutes.

Have had some of these bottles of shells for more years that I care to remember.  I was going to throw that large seed pod away, but it literally feels like old velvet to the touch. I mean, how can I throw that away?
Lewis Miller is a New York Floral Designer and creator of the Flower Flash, guerilla-style street art installations made with flowers. He’s been called the Banksy of Floral Design by The New Yorker and earned the nickname The Flower Bandit by Vogue Magazine. Miller’s clients include Tiffany & Co., Ferragamo, Harry Winston and The New York Public Library. He is the author of Styling Nature; A Masterful Approach to Floral Arranging published by Rizzoli and Flower Flash published by Monacelli.

No comments: