Thursday, September 14, 2023

Keeping my head in the game

I love my red wine at night but lately it has not tasted good. For that matter, the first sip taste horrible. So I have not been partaking and am having a hard time going to sleep. This does not mean I have given up my favorite drink, but for the this time. I like this video. I too have been trying to clean up, one drawer at a time. I still have lots of drawers to go. 

 

And I really try to follow his advice on using your nice stuff every day. I totally agree with him. 

 

Steve Schmidt keeps me sane in these insane times. A republican who tells it like it is. Seems like Mitt is telling it like it is too. Can't wait for the release of his new book.

   

I have been feeling very alone in the world. There are many of us out there. It hits me that all my family is gone, mom, dad, grandparents, husband. Thankfully, I have Matt and Bri but that also makes me worry because when I am gone, Matt will also be all alone. I do have that huge trump-cult family in Texas but I write them off years ago. AND I have my sister Susan and her family! I am lucky and thankful for that gift. I would rather be alone than related to traders and brain-dead citizens. And, thankfully, I have wonderful friends. I need to leave the house more and be more active. I will soon, need to get my freelance finished before I make any plans. 

Speaking of BrainDead ... that shows keep surfacing in my mind when I watch the trump-cult rave on about how innocent trump it. I think for a lark, I am going to watch it again. So it looks like I might be able to catch it on Hulu. 

 

I have this weird trick to  keep my head turned to my computer to work and focused. Have done this for years. I put something on to watch, or at least listen to. Something not too interesting but a video. Documentaries are good to keep my attention towards the screen. It has always worked so I am not distracted by something else going on in the room. What does this mean about me? ADHD? Probably. If I watch for video for real, I usually watched it at 1.5x speed, especially if they are talking slowly. Think how many more videos I can burn through LOL. PS you can't not watch vintage movie sped up, they all ready seem like the audio is sped up.

I am going to work for a little while then go outside and enjoy some of this glorious sunshine.

No comments: