Thursday, May 25, 2023

Whale songs

Okay, Okay iPhone reminder, I understand it is Thursday and I have to take the trash out today.

I had a morbid thought about 20 years ago, that popped into my brain the other day. I remember when the peonies were blooming in the hundreds in my yard, I thought, please let me be here/alive to see this one more year. I was admiring the Snowball in full bloom and the Meadow Rue exploding in the sun and thought, please let me have one more year to admire these beautiful things. I usually bring bouquets of Snowballs in the house but I have this weird notion that only a clean house deserves flowers in a vase, so I have left these to enjoy outside.



 

Yesterday I watched a video of a woman I once worked at the Dallas Times Herald  in the Editorial Art Department talking about swimming with/and talking to Whales and Dolphins. It was very interesting. I wish/hope it is true. although she was a little "out there" back then. Michael Franks was one of my favorites back then. Especially Popscicle Toes album. There was one specific song I loved that always reminded me of whales singing. It made me happy and sad at the same time every time I listened to it. Still today. Maybe it is suppose to be a tiger purring, I still think it sounds like whales. Even the violins slide down sounds like whales singing.

 

Soundcloud has many beautiful meditative tracks of Whale Songs

 

  

 

No comments: