Thursday, May 04, 2023

Livin' large

 

I want a chocolate croissant, I bought some at Trader Joe's.

 

This guy is hysterical. He makes a lot of rue with a ton of butter. I ran to Trader Joe's and decided I was going to make French Onion Soup. I have never made the rue before, but I tried it this time. 

This is simple version. I saute my onions a little darker than this. I also always add a little bit of sugar.

 

I also made the liver pate. Cooking liver can really be disgusting. But I forced myself through it. It taste okay. 

Also cut up my radishes and daikon and pickled them.

2 comments:

Joanne S said...

OH!!! I am so wanting Onion Soup and a Croissant. Right now.
Neither is available. there used to be places for me to get both- not at the same time... No More.
Now, it's Pizza, Pizza and and more Pizza. And the Pizza isn't that great.

I buy dough and make our own. On the stone I have in the oven. It's so much better.
But Onion Soup. Oh.....to have a bowl or two of that!!!!!!!! My kingdom for a Bowl.

LindaSonia said...

I grew up on chicken livers (still love them) but my Mother only made them for my brother's chicken soup she would make him all the time. I had to sneak a piece or two or three HAHA (boohoo she loved him best). I agree with you about the smell - ugh!