Wednesday, May 03, 2023

A penis with my coffee

It is such a beautiful day here. I was seduced to working in the yard by some sunshine and heat. The Morning Glories are coming back making me very sad. 

I have watched some weird things lately but this morning was the topper! The Final Member popped up on Hulu after I watched the current Will Trent while drinking my coffee. About a "Penis museum" and the man who has been collecting them for 40 years. The curator really wants a human speciman so most of the movie focuses on some American and his penis "elmo" and him pursuing getting "elmo" into the museum, even going so far as considering having his penis/tesicles/etc removed while he is still alive. Yes, you read that right! Oh and look, the museum has an Instagram account

Who wants to tell them that the penis is just not that special.

 

I watched THE MEANING OF HITLER is a provocative interrogation of our culture’s fascination with Hitler and Nazism set against the backdrop of the current rise of white supremacy, the normalization of antisemitism and the weaponization of history itself. Shot in nine countries, the film traces Hitler’s movements, his rise to power and the scenes of his crimes as historians and writers, including Deborah Lipstadt, Martin Amis, Sir Richard Evans, Saul Friedlander, Yehuda Bauer, and famed Nazi hunters Beate and Serge Klarsfeld, weigh in on the lasting impact of his virulent ideology. As fears of authoritarianism and fascism now abound, the film explores the myths and misconceptions of our understanding of the past, and the difficult process of coming to terms with it at a time in our history when it seems more urgent than ever.

Just as scary and depressing as you thought it might be.

 

I guess to top this entertaining viewing next would have to be "The Meaning of Hitler's Penis". And if you do a google search on that topic, several articles pop up. Who Knew! 

And to end on a fun note: 

 

Oh, I forgot to mention after my weekend nervous breakdown with the kids of clearing out the storage unit, I watched a couple of episodes Hoarders on A&E. I am not sure why, but I want to undestand why it is so hard for some people to get rid of, throw away, give away stuff they no longer need, use, want, or is even usable. I do feel so terrible for the Hoarders, and although I am not as bad as some of them, I do understand their emotions of getting rid of their "stuff". I watched a couple of shows and it makes me understand myself a little better. 


2 comments:

Joanne S said...

Well, I thought I was the only one visiting "crackpot city recently" but you win. YOU WIN.
I am just watching trucks back into the turn around spot across from our side yard. and get out to pee- I guess and then drive away
Its actually the strangest thing that has happened on this street.... that I can recall. Well, there was the Alzheimers's woman.
visiting all of us- when she got hungry or thirsty or lost her iPhone..

LindaSonia said...

I swear I think you are a magnet for the.most.interesting?. unusual stuff... LOL!!