Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Patterns

I am helping a friend of mine putting her book together for her 4 friends of many years. They have spent a lifetime of meeting, making art together for one week a year and they have documented it. It is such a wonderful idea. 

Anyway, she left yesterday for Africa. I think she will be there two weeks. She is taking her new camera. I said if I was going to would focus on shooting PATTERNS that I observed.  

African patterns 





 





 

 

  

Patterns in nature are visible regularities of form found in the natural world. These patterns recur in different contexts and can sometimes be modelled mathematically. Natural patterns include: 

Symmetry 

Trees fractals 

Spirals 

Chaos, flow, meanders 

Waves, dunes 

Bubbles, foam 

Tessellations 

Cracks 

Coats, stipes 

Pattern formation

No comments: