Friday, November 11, 2022

This and that

I got many important task done this morning. Medicare questions, one of David's credit cards - his email is bouncing back on all of his accounts and I am trying to get that straightened out, had a meeting with out Fidelity rep, deposited David's life insurance check, decided to reward myself with a rare purchase of a Mocha. As it turns out David's acct is literally bleeding money. So I wrote a panicked email to our advisor. He said David knew about it because if that was my account, I think I would have changed a few things around. Oh, well, nothing to be done about it now. 

I really wanted a chocolate croissant to go with my coffee and went to Panera for one. I have never been there before, but I tell you, the chocolate croissant was out of this world delicious. I will be drinking the coffee the rest of the afternoon. 

Stopped by to get some bird suet. It is really cold here right now. And picked up Ornamental Kale for the front porch pot. I have never had those before.

 

I have been very good about keeping lights off most of the time. Trying to keep the heat on around 68. I went grocery shopping yesterday and was again shocked at the prices at our local QFC. I really must break the habit of shopping there. I have been shopping there for 30+ years but there are really more reasonable  stores in the area. I ordered a new pair of fuzzy boots for the winter, BEARPAW  brand is a poor man's versions of UGGs. I had something like this years ago and I love the ease of slipping them on to run errands. I have still been wearing my summer slip-ons and decided that was ridiculous.

 
Right, I am off the empty the dishwasher. You know when you have lots of new, varied food in the house, it is hard to decide what to have for dinner. I still have to eat that soup but maybe a salad on the side?


No comments: