Wednesday, November 02, 2022

Songs of one's life? How do you pick?

How in the world do you put together a playlist for someone who loved all music? David was a music aficionado - a music know-it-all. He loved iit all, jazz, blue grass, country, rock, I mean loved it all. We must have every CD there is to own. So I just went through Spotify and started a playlist for the memorial. I added Wrigley Field from The Natural, a song from Lonesome Dove, The Bagpipe Master from The Last of the Mohicans, a gone fishin' song, The Soggy Bottom Boys, The Chieftains, Theme song from Ken Burns Baseball, Duke Ellington, Band of Brothers theme song, Happy Trails by Dale Evans, Earth, Wind and Fire, Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, Percy Mayfield, John Lee Hooker, Cannonball Adderley, Alison Krauss, Tony Bennett, Cajun All-Stars, Charlie Parker, Ernest Tubbs, of course an Al Green song for me! I also added Gabriel's Oboe at the very last, for me. I think it is the saddest song in the world. Matt, who is also into music, will have a look and add, edit.

  

  

I began the playlist with "Wrigley Field" from The Natural. Remember when all of spotlight exploded?

 

2 comments:

LindaSonia said...

I wouldn't object to Gabriel's Oboe being a song of my life. I find it sooo moving and have always loved extremely moving melodies - that and they usually make me cry.

Kim Carney said...

well, I am glad I am not the only one. when I need a good blubber, I put it on and play it loudly in the house LOL