Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Take the rock that speaks to you!

I am cleaning the family room in sections. Dusting the book shelves, cleaning the glass, the floors, the windows. I am so close to being done. Except of course,  the technicial equipment that will need to go back to the Seattle Times. I got David's desk cleaned and now use it to display books. Brought his beloved books in, the put on the desk. I love it. 

People can actually pick them up, thumb through them. I also found many bowls full of rocks and washed them. While I was looking them, I thought, it is just like finding them at the beach again. I am going to encourage people to take ones that connects with them, just like you would do at the beach.  

So I have brought out two bowls for display that have previously been hidden. I have many of these for 40 years or more!

I found the perfect fall leaf in the front yard yesterday!
I am hiring someone to paint bedroom walls, preparing for family coming for memorial in December.

2 comments:

Joanne S said...

I love the idea of taking a rock home.. there is some little memory in the back of my brain regarding the rock- a Jewish thing.
Leaving a rock at the grave.....I can't recall much more. but taking one home. Yes. Holding it when thinking of David..yes.
Your son has lost a part of himself.........give him a hug- hold tight......even if he says no. Love to you. Joanne.

Kim Carney said...

Oh you are right, I love that traditional. it is always very emotional when you see those stacked up at a grave site.