Friday, April 01, 2022

Young voices

A friend of mine owns an art gallery, 1+1=1, An Uncommon Art Gallery in Helena Montana and is host the of Young Voices, art show showcasing local kids. 

One of the ARTIST STATEMENTS 

Kila Bachofner 

Hi my name is Kila. I am 9 years old. I love helping kindergarten kids, and I love outer space. I also started soccer when I was 4 years old. I get my ideas for art from my great grandpa. He was such a nice and great person. I loved him so much and I miss him so much. I can trust my art to make me feel better and sometimes making art even fixes the problem. In art class my teacher, Maureen, has taught me so much but my favorite thing she taught me was how to use spray paint. I love how many different things you can do with spray paint, like using stencils, moving the stencils around and overlapping the colors. There is one really cool piece that I titled “Black Village.” I like it because it is so calm and dark. I got the idea from my grandpa Mike because he always wakes up and he just sits and grades papers in the early morning when it’s quiet and calm and dark. I think it is so cool that he does that. He is such a great person. I have another piece titled, “I am Not Alone” that I was thinking about. I made it because I was feeling unique and happy about things. There is just one building by itself even though it is a skyscraper and a lot of stars and the moon, it is not alone. My grandma is an amazing artist and that is why I have been doing it. Her art is so cool that it made me want to start making art myself. I am so happy I did. I love art and I will never stop it even if you try to stop me. Thanks for supporting Young Voices artists. We kids are so thankful. Thank you.

3 comments:

beverly said...

Thank you for posting this. My family lived in Helena for 30 plus years and I wish it had been there for my children. The kids artwork is amazing as is your blog which I found from Wednesday's Child.

Mage said...

I really like these a lot.

Kim Carney said...

I am so glad you like Beverly! My friend has an amazing gallery there. I am so happy to see kid's art celebrated