Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Nature, food and a scandal

Enjoying nature with Susannah Bleasby, beautiful.  

"I have such a clear memory of this view. I had kayaked out into and around a lake I wasn't familiar with, truthfully, well beyond my safe limits. I was so lost in the motion of paddling, the lapping sounds of the water on the hull, the spectacular views ahead that I really wasn't paying attention to time or distance. I leaned back and just revelled in the feeling of being alone and at one with the moment. Just me, the lake and one long, uninterrupted gorgeous lake view. I surrendered to nature and with surprisingly little effort on my part, I let the current take me home. The lake looked after me that day, as they always do."

All of a sudden the trees have leafed out and I see swaying swaths of various greens out my windows. It is wonderful. 

I am listening to Stanley Tucci Italy series again today. I want David to hear it. Fell asleep watching My Greatest Dishes last night, need to go back and catch up.

Also watch the sizzling A Very English Scandal about the divorce of the Duke and Duchess of Argyll, one of the most notorious, extraordinary and brutal legal cases of the 20th Century. It was quite a scandal. Of course Margaret, Duchess of Argyll, was skewered and he married 4 women, whose money he ran through and had another heiress lined up to marry as soon as the divorce was granted. The men always get away with murder. But she did give as good as she got. There are several books written about her, The Grit in the Pearl: The Scandalous Life of Margaret, Duchess of Argyll, The Duchess Who Dared: The Life of Margaret, Duchess of Argyll. She died in poverty, alone in a nursing home.

No comments: