Saturday, May 05, 2007

Vintage (And Sometimes Embarassing) Me

Vicci at Moon, Stars and Paper posted lots of "old" photos and tried to remember the essence of each one. It has taken me this long to dig up mine, scan them in and post humiliating "vintage" photos of myself. Not much luck in trying to remember the story (or feeling) behind each one.

School dance, West Texas College, Snyder, Texas, 1975. He was my first big "crush"

college dance

Can't remember what this cake was for? Birthday? Leaving? ;) Dallas Times Herald, Advertising Art Dept., 1980's.

what is this cake for?
Would only wear these dresses for your best friends wedding. Bridesmaid, 1980's.

bridesmaid

With my "Boo Boo", in my favorite pajama outfit.

boo boo

Surly pre-teen with baby brother. Malta, 1969?

surly teen

Messing around at Dallas Times Herald, 1980's. I stuffed my bra with paper and John was having quite the time squezing them.

squeezing paper boobs

My beautiful and badly-behaved, weimaraner, Starksy, always running away from home, came back one time with pregnant. This was taken by my fiancee at the time in Rait, Scotland. I loved those puppies but John and I did not make to the altar ... this is in 1979?

starsky and her pupppies

Texans taking ski trips to New Mexico! With my best friends.

ski trips with friends

Yellow polyester suit? My brother had much better fashion sense than I did.

yellow polyester suit?

I remember this raw silk skirt and silk blouse. I loved them. This was taken at my best friend's parent's kitchen, Ranch Estates, Denton, Texas, 1976.

in Mel's kitchen

My newly-wedded mom and I in 1968, taking off for Malta. My step-dad took this photo.

taking off for Malta

I don't really remember this Christmas photo, except for all the stories of the "hot house". A attic apartment where my grandmother, mother, aunt and uncle all lived. Dubbed the "hot house", because it was so hot during the Texas summer. My mom was around 18 or 19 in this photo and was supporting me and most of her family at the time.

Christmas at the "hot house"

Breckenridge High School. I always liked this blurry photo of me and never threw it away (as one would with a blurry photo from then). Always very serious, even then.

high school

5 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

I am stunned by the beauty and feeling in that last picture. (And wondering how you could possible store anything in that skinny skinny locker.)

turquoise cro said...

I meant to do Vicci's challenge too but never did dig my photos all up!! I LOVE all yours, that yellow pantsuit isn't so bad and you as a surly teen holding the baby is my fav!and the bra stuffing high jinx!!! LOL

Sam said...

Absolutely love your photos. You were/are so pretty! Thanks for sharing.

Sam

Terry Grant said...

I am very certain I had an identical yellow pantsuit. At the time it felt so chic, especially with a great scarf and big hoop earrings. Now I think it looks like pajamas. Context is everything.

madretz said...

Oh fun! I love posts where we get to see slices of your life, past or present. :) Thanks for sharing them!