Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Self-Portrait Challenge - 01.02

Self-Portrait Challenge is a little different. "New Year's Resolutions" - which is really a challenge for me since I gave up on making them years ago. I never say "I am going to get in shape, or loss weight". Never followed through and that is very frustrating. But there are a few resolutions I would like to make and KEEP. No. 1. on my list is getting organized! Order in my house, my car, my purse, studio, my mind. It would be nice to accomplish this before I lose what is left of my mind. I think walking and enjoying to moment sounds like a good one to pencil in as second on my list. More resolutions that I might or might not accomplish to come .

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, getting organized is one of those resolutions I would love to make - but probably would not keep. ESPECIALLY in regards to my purse, house, car, refrigerator, closet.. uh - life?

I will just live vicariously through you!

Happy New Year!

Kim Carney said...

hey Holli! I started tonight by cleaning the kitchen, everything but the refrigerator ;( .... This will become my determination this week ;)

Anonymous said...

:) my kind of resolution.

Anonymous said...

oh that's the perfect resolution.. i look at my desk and think that getting organized should be on top of my list..

happy new year to you. :)

Jamie said...

I'm a nutbar for organization stuff. I'll be doing a lot of this stuff this year too. I'm currently reading Organizing for Your Spirit. It explores how the way you organize your space and time aligns with who you are (or not, hehe). Very interesting.

Have a wonderfully organized year! May it provide you with peace and clarity :)

LeS said...

Oh yeah Kim!!
This is a good one for sure, I hope to follow in your footsteps but, maybe, more importantly, I should take your lead and get some trombone lessons :)

Excellent. Just excellent.

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Thanks for the link. How sweet! I think I will follow YOUR lead and try to organize my purse. That thing is full of every gum wrapper, receipt and business card I've touched in the last year.

Anonymous said...

i desperately need organization..i spent hours this friday trying to track down where it was i had my mri so i could pick up the films. it scared me into thinking about organizing...but how???good luck with it i look forward to seeing the results!