Thursday, April 14, 2005

Square, Dots Of Colors

I enjoy making these cards. It is relaxing, sans computer, spontaneous. I like the shapes, colors, quilt-like. I am thinking of recreating these in Illustrator, see what a printed version looks like.

Do you ever think about how pixels are really digital quilting? What grabbed my attention in art history class -
optical blending that Impressionists like the George Pierre Seurat implemented in his paintings to create illusions. That fascinated me, as does 4-color printing process. I could spend hours with a loop looking at a magazine photo and realizing how those little dots of 4 colors from a distance makes my eye see an image. I overwhelmed my sons' tech class when I volunteered to talk about color, rgb vs. cmyk, creating art for the internet. I was so excited during my lecture when I realized they were totally uninvolved. I giggled to myself. I felt like the kid with the crayons, they were bored.





3 comments:

Ookami Snow said...

i like the cards, they are pretty spiffy.

Unknown said...

i absolutely love these cards!

Cin said...

like your cards too, looks like they were fun do !