Friday, April 29, 2005

Shefali Finds Help

Update to a sad story shows people care. We ran this picture in our 'The Week in Pictures' today and there she was. "Shefali kisses her daughter Mim in Dhaka, Bangledesh on April 23. Shefali was desperate for money after being abandoned by her husband and offered to sell one of her eyes. Shefali has a new house after different organizations and people came forward to help her". MSBNC.com received 60 emails from people wanting to help her (I just found out that today, after talking to media about the story). I had contacted the writer and editor, they wrote back with information of a professional association that help women. I will contact them but I am relieved to know she is okay now.

3 comments:

Cin said...

oh my Kim, thank you for the link to "week in pictures", such an incredible display of human life in just one week, so wonderfully amusing, so terribly heartbreaking.

Liquid Sky Arts said...

I'm so glad to hear her story has a new beginning...

"Maggie & Kevin" said...

This is wonderful to hear, thanks for the update!