Friday, March 23, 2007

Buttons And Plaid

I have been considering the option of not going to ArtFest because I have so much to do at work, in my personal like, etc. My family says ... "No! You must go". And in the last couple of nights of forcing myself into the studio to do these little canvases of butterflies, I realize, I do need to go and enjoy a couple of days of creating art without any disruptions. Fill myself up with ideas, get away and just sit at in one place for hours and think about nothing except the process of creating.

More butterflies, I still have a couple drying downstairs. Finally using all of those envelopes, monopoly money, specialities papers, that I have sitting in sacks all around the studio, and that feels good! I attached threads for the grid on the canvas, and I just loved the flow and randomness of them hanging down and can't cut them off. Tonight I added a couple of single butterflies to them. Still having fun.

Buttons and plaid

Buttons and plaid

8 comments:

dee said...

Thanks for the reminder about the Planet Earth thing on Sun. I've been watching the ads for weeks.
The butterfly piece is so exhuberant and delightful...I'm giddy looking at it. Just fun and I like the extra ones that have flown off the canvas. Great work!

Deborah Boschert said...

Divine. I am so glad you are GOING!

liz elayne lamoreux said...

oh it is gorgeous! don't even think about not going. it will be good to just bring the brain somewhere else...

are you going to sell this one in the gallery? I LOVE IT! i finally started on my 8x8s today and am actually going to have them done.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and your style. You have inspired me so many times. I love the butterflies. So unique. Makes me want to do something with the tons of paper I have been collecting.

Nicole Florian said...

Beautiful!

LDahl said...

I love the strings hanging down... my favorite one is the white on white on flicker...it looks alive.

Anonymous said...

I love your butterfly punch addiction. I've spotted some butterflies (like yours) on a blog while random blog hopping. I'm new to blogging and till a few weeks ago wouldn't have known a 'punch' if I fell over one. Punch to me is a drink.

Anyway to cut the ramble - could you tell me where I can purchase a (or different sizes) butterfly punches. I cannot buy one big enough here in NZ so I will have to go online anyway.

Looking forward to hearing from you

ellie.s@ihug.co.nz

Ellie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for following up with an email and some information where I can purchase said punches - off to load the credit card!

Ellie

http://elliesnapping.blogspot.com