Thursday, September 16, 2021

Little somethings

I remember the afternoon in 2004 when I decided to create this blog. Only after I had been reading blogs, getting inspired and excited did I think, well, maybe I could do that for fun? So on the spur of the moment I jumped onto Blogger and just did without thinking of what I would name it. All the obvious titles I wanted were taken, and after an hour I got desperate and throw "littlesomethings" in there and it was available. I had been reading Erica's blog and so loved her content, her blog, it seemed like something I could do for fun

Anway, last night on my iPad I wanted to look up something on my blog and don't have it bookmarked so  googled "little something blog". I mean, Little Somethings? I thought is was lame back then but you can't really change it without starting a new one. When my friends wanted to start blogs, the first thing I told them was to have several good titles at hand before they started. 

When other bloggers referred to me would sometimes say "don't be put off by the name of the blog", and I agreed with them. So I was a little shocked to see how many "little somethings" were out there last night. Manh more than before. Even one that had copywritten their blog name. I guess they had not checked how long I had had mine ;) Seriously, I don't really care, I just thought it was funny. 

Of course now I have lots of other blogs,  Something Sand, Something from the Studio, my news blog over at MillerCarneyMiller


 

No comments: