Sunday, September 12, 2021

Doing dishes

I feel like I am the official dishwasher now in my house. To be fair, others do many dishes, but I feel like I do the lions share. If (and always because I rarely cook) Matt, Bri or David cook dinner I offer to do dishes. Many times, I have a few left over to finish up in the morning. This was the case this morning when I came face to face with a sink full of cold water, grease, dishes. You know the kind, where you gag when you stick your hand in the pull the drain stopper out. 

But that is not the point of this post. When I do the dishes, I watch videos on my wonderful iPad. Mostly educational documentaries, more than likely, religious themed. I like watching documentaries. I can listen and not be fearful of missing something important since I am not looking at the screen. I have soooo many Audibles books right now, I really should start listening to those. But even those, I feel like I have to really pay attention and not miss some important plot twist. 

Today's dish washing installment is The Last Apostle. "Dr. Mark Fairchild is a real-life Indiana Jones,  world-renowned archeologist who travels the historic route of Saint Paul the Apostle and explores the Holy Land of eastern Turkey"

 

And speaking of Amazon Prime, Vera is back with a new Season 11! I was so excited because I did not think they were making new seasons. They are rolling them out one episode at a time. 

I found another British Mystery I just love, McDonald & Dodds, "no-nonsense boss and the unassuming yet brilliant details man continue to balance each other's flaws in this charming crime series"

Unforgotten British crime series on Amazon Prime was brilliant, Seasons 1-3. 

Escape to the Country, David and I are addicted. I tape if from CBC, it is also available on Amazon Prime and Netflix. "The program helps potential buyers find their dream home in the rural UK by showcasing three properties (including a mystery property) for inspection, then asking that week's guests to guess the market price. Episodes also feature information regarding the suburb presented, for example local industry and history".

And a ton of Norwegian, Icelandic, French, Spanish, Russian, Hungarian mysteries, really takes concentration to read subtitles so I can't tweet or do anything else except pay attention.

Bri watched Truth Be Told on Apple TV, loved it, so do I. "True crime podcaster Poppy Parnell (Octavia Spencer) is called to investigate the case of convicted killer Warren Cave, a man she painted as the murderer of the father of identical twins. Soon, Parnell must decide where the lines between guilt and innocence lie when Cave claims that he was framed for the crime." 

Here are just some of my YouTube addictions: The Graham Norton Show - especially good for a laugh, DW Documentary, House & Garden Design Notes (quick and fun peak into people's homes, usually designers), Who Do You Think You Are? but the videos are not full videos and never in order, very hard to keep with with one episode, Grand Designs - UK Season 22 (this is a must) - there are lots of episodes and also from Australia, New Zealand but you have to do a quick search for me. You can also find Grand Designs on Amazon Prime. Absolutely anything Lucy Worsley host. The best documentaries, can be found on YouTube and Amazon Prime.

Okay, I think my greasy pan has "soaked" long enough. Off of break, back to dishes.

4 comments:

K Izenman said...

Try Portrait Artist of the Year. I think we watch it on Amazon Prime. It's another British show that B and I are addicted to.

Kim Carney said...

Thank you for the tip. I love new shows suggestions!

Kim Carney said...

I love it already, found it on YouTube
Looks like there is also a Season 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1jbo_Kq5G0

Kim Carney said...

I love watching all the different takes on the same person!