Tuesday, September 07, 2021

Pretty in Pink, I mean Puke

I don't know why this bothers me so much, but I ran across this Instagram account featuring these "princess" dresses and had to keep looking out of disbelief. 

I think there is a swath of our society that is completely out of touch with reality. Parents that dress their kids up in very expensive, "worn once", princess dresses? I am sorry, I don't get it. I try to understand expensive, over-done photo-shoots to commerate important dates for your kids, your life. It is a thing now, and I get it. But this a yard to tulle too far. 

Below, Lil dress: $495.00 USD. Description: The Lili dress is a stunning, delicate dress that will make your little girl feel like a princess. It features a soft, pink floor-length tulle skirt. There is a lovely long flowing tulle train on the back with bejeweled flowers. The satin bodice and bow on the back are also enhanced with bejeweled flowers. The bodice features a scoop neckline in the front that transforms into an elegant V-shape in the back. At the bottom of the V is an adorable large satin bow. Satin, Tulle, Flowers, Rhinestones, Cotton Lining. And I am pretty sure this little girl has hair extensions.

More princesses

And while I am on a rant. I find these YouTube and Instagram "influencers" completely obscene. Especially the ones who use their kids to make money from receiving, assembling, displaying stuff that the store sends them for free, then pays them large amounts of money to discuss it all on YouTube. They take the kids shopping all while getting paid for doing so. We are living in weird times. I don't know what this teaches their kids, our kids, that you don't have to work, only look "cute" and scam the world at large. And this is just one of thousands of accounts out there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. The world is such a mixed up mess. So many children homeless, starving, abused...The wea;thy few so out of touch.

Kim Carney said...

It is definitely a head-slapping decade and I can not get my head around it. But I know this kind of greed and ignorance has gone on forever