Sunday, September 12, 2021

The nature of cults

I don't now how I would be at an investigative reporter but I know I love digging into a story, finding out who some racist ranting, germ coughing, anti-mask "Karen" is on twitter and calling her out, finding corrupt people's addresses and looking up there houses, getting the backstory and history of something happening in the moment. Creepy, I know. I especially like to dig for information I am not completely sure about. I think this has always been my nature, being TOO CURIOUS. And now I have the time to dig deep into anything that peaks my curiosity, well, I spend a lot of time searching.

Case in point, Trump speaking at the ‘Moonies’ Conference yesterday before heading off to be a guest commentator during the pay-per-view boxing event. (He had an adoring crowd, which broke out into chants of “We want Trump! We want Trump!’’ He rose to his feet and with a broad smile shook his fist.) Here is the full video of the Think Tank 2022 event, if you can stomach watching it.

In case you don't know, or just have not kept up with them lately, The Moonies is a religious cult founded in 1954. They are still around apparently thriving, loving trump, having freedom rallies.

They actually own and operated a very successful gun factory, Kahr Arms in the United States. They could be found at the 1/6 insurrection calamity. "A pro-gun, pro-Trump sect composed of U.S. and non-citizen zealots was involved in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot and largely escaped attention. Known as Moonies, it is preparing for insurrection 2.0. Look back to three weeks before the 2020 presidential election. Former White House senior counselor Steve Bannon addressed a crowd gathered on the grounds of Kahr Arms/Tommy Gun Warehouse in Greeley, Pa., by video. He warned about a supposed Democratic conspiracy to steal the election from Donald Trump." 

And of course they have an Instagram account to back-up and push all of their nonsense.

They own have a compound in Texas for "Patriots. Lake Limestone, the gun tote'n, Trump-lovin' Rod of Iron Ministries, newly renamed Freedom Rock at Running Branch Marina. Here is the head of the Sanctuary Church in all of his glory, gun and crown of ammunition? If you want to really get chills go have a look at the Rod of Iron website.

Remember this photo of  "worshippers" and their AK-15s?

Maybe you remember their mass wedding ceremonies?

I know, there seem to be so many crazy things going on the world that is hard to keep up with them all. But it is important to revisit them when something like Trump speaking at The Moonies conference pop up in the news. I think there is an underlying thread in all of these events, and none of them are good since Trump has taken over our right-wing politics. He encourages civil war and that frightens me. I am NOT a gun owner. I have nothing against gun owners. But I fear they are going to gather and do something really stupid very soon. I worry for my kids and grand kids of their future. What kind of chaos lives ahead. I try not to live in fear these days, but I am finding it harder to do.

2 comments:

Judy Butler Art said...

I am stunned and fascinated by the information in your blog. Thank you.

Kim Carney said...

Why, thank you Judy Butler ;)