Saturday, June 30, 2012

104!

Yesterday we had an exciting day in DC .... then headed off for Virginia. We were staying with friends and just got the car unloaded when an incredible storm came through. Thunder and lightning right over the house. About the time I was going to get some personal work done ... the electricity went out and stayed out all day, until we left. DC was so hot, I was left in a pool of sweat at the end of the day. Am NOT acclimated to this head and humidity. Here I am, signing the extension for unemployment ... to benefit people like ME! 


And giving a press conference about how businesses should hire the over-50-applicant!


Giving a quick tour.



The only thing I really wanted to see in this short run through was the Lincoln Memorial, but we just could not get to it in time.

Heading for Virginia, one very scary bridge on the MD and VA state line. I am pretty sure that said Potomac.



 
Virginia, we watched the Vets Wheelchair Championship basketball tournament. That was great! Drove through Richmond pretty quickly and headed to North Carolina.







I am finally cooled off in my hotel room. Eating Fritos and bean dip for dinner and working on my second glass of wine. Shower next! xoxox Mom!

1 comment:

ELFI said...

une belle femme à la maison blanche!