Monday, September 20, 2010

Odd Odyssey

My Monday morning routine is to file for unemployment (which I still have not received after 7 weeks and that is a little unnerving) and search for jobs. Well, I search for jobs online every morning. It has become my obsession. And I should not complain, because I have had some very good interviews. A few great leads.

I feel like I in a war, with myself. It dawned on me the end of last week. I feel exhausted from thinking, worrying, staying on the computer for 12+ hours a day. I tell myself I really need to step away and go to the studio for some tactile work. I guess breaking a habit of working at a computer for 8+ hours a day is hard one to break. I thought I would be in my studio long ago but I stay here in the glow and hear of my Mac. Working on skinning Wordpress themes, trying to remember how to illustrate, making a flash ad, designing a logo, applying for jobs, listening to online tutorials, typing out who I want to be in the future. ADHD has erupted in my brain and it is not pretty.

So today, I am going to get organized. Clean up my desk. Visit my studio. Get out my carving tools for my product I have been working on. Get cards ready to put on Etsy. Find the list I made for myself at the beginning of the Odyssey to help keep me on track about what I wanted to do, make, accomplish.

Escaped to Snohomish on Saturday.





Loved this window display with Chairs!

1 comment:

Maxinetoo said...

Snohomish is one of my favorite places. I am glad to hear you are going to your studio. You do need to step away for a while!