Saturday, January 26, 2008

My Downer Day Post ;0

My eyes are drawn to leaves floating off the tree, then I realize they are birds swooping around in the air. I love the natural structures that reveal themselves in winter.

leaves falling on grey

leaves falling on grey

I arrived home last night from work to find that our neighbor's (who is out of town and daughter watching their dog) Maltese named "Little Bit" has escaped from the gated yard. Police were called. The entire neighborhood banded together most of the day in search of the pooch to no avail. I decided we should make poster and M and friends hung them around the neighborhood. I walked blocks, checking out the parks and wooded areas.

Someone found Little Bit this morning, all is well.

I am working today for primary. I have been feeling really down and blue because I haven't had anytime for my art. All I remember of my day is the drive in traffic going to work and the traffic home ... and everthing else seems like a blur. Not much energy to blog or write or clean house. I feel like I am bleeding out self-esteem, inspiration, joy. Everyone else seems to be going full-steam ahead and I feel stagnant. Boring. Low energy. Stuck. Depressed. Fat. Tired. Uninspired. What has happend to me? I am trying to figure it out. It isn't that I don't have ideas! I still have loads ... but ...

So many sincere apologies for not much surfing, leaving comments, interacting.

11 comments:

Robyn said...

I am so inspired by you each time I visit Kim. Don't get down on yourself, you truly are an inspiration, even just in the links you have us follow!

Anonymous said...

Please, don't be so hard on yourself. We're not race cars ;-)

Kim Carney said...

thanks you guys! I needed that ;)

Anonymous said...

I have never posted before, but have been reading you for a long time. You are a continual source of inspiration to me. It's even inspirational to hear that you occasionally get stuck. And stuck is temporary. At least for someone such as yourself who possesses the lubricating power of the artist within. Maybe you're just cocooning right now. And we'll all still be here to see the pictures you post of that butterfly when you're good and ready!

Lesley said...

All of the above, Kim. A visit is never a disappointment.

Kim Carney said...

Gosh, thank you so much hollidaizy and lesley! That is so sweet of you both.

Shelley Noble said...

You are the most inspired and inspiring person, Kim!

Tell me though, when I keep suggesting that you not commute for work... that there is ALWAYS another way to skin a cat as it were... Plan "C"... you reject the notion because...?

Imagine if you could make the same money or more FROM YOUR WARM HOME! Absolutely possible and you'd be nothing but relaxed, artful, and happy. Woo.

Hello? 21st century!

Kim Carney said...

Hello Shelley ... how are you?

Well the 21st century is passing us by at work. Which is funny because we were allowed to telecommute years ago. And some departments can ... I don't know if it is because I need to go to meetings ... or if my manager just isn't forward thinking ... but those options are no longer available to us. isn't that strange? And I keep hinting about the 4/10's again ... maybe something will come up of that. Yes, you would think with the cost of fuel, pollution, etc, companies would encourage telecommuting. My neighbor works for McDonalds in PR and she has been working from home for years and still gets a company car ;)

I would just leave and look eslewhere if I didn't have a teen driving and in university in two years ... that keeps me in the present ;)

Feeling better today, I cleaned studio last night and feel a sense of accomplishment today

liz elayne lamoreux said...

i am sending you a huge hug right now. i hope you can feel it my dear.

question: do you have some favorite antique places in your neck of the woods or in seattle? do you want to go sometime? soon? together? :)

Shelley Noble said...

I hear you, sista! One day then... xoxos

dee said...

gad...wish I was nearby. I'm hanging around with nothing to do right now. You need some girly, shopping, antique, arty, distraction. Possibly a day of self-indulgence? With cocktails??