Monday, January 28, 2008

Left Brain, Right Brain?

Kelly has this great find on her blog, a test for Left Brain Right Brain Creativity test, Brain Type Test (created by the Art Institute of Vancouver. I was shocked to find out that I am more left than right. I think my present situation is making me so ... ;), learning CSS, flash, grids, paying bills, juggling budget alone .... I think that and more all make me less right ...

I am Left: 51%, Right: 49%

You are more left-brained than right-brained. Your left brain controls the right side of your body. In addition to being known as left-brained, you are also known as a critical thinker who uses logic and sense to collect information. You are able to retain this information through the use of numbers, words, and symbols. You usually only see parts of the "whole" picture, but this is what guides you step-by-step in a logical manner to your conclusion. Concise words, numerical and written formulas and technological systems are often forms of expression for you. Some occupations usually held by a left-brained person include a lab scientist, banker, judge, lawyer, mathematician, librarian, and skating judge.Your Left Brain Percentages

42% Symbolic (Your most dominant characteristic)
42% Logical
40% Reality-based
35% Sequential
27% Linear
20% Verbal (Your least dominant characteristic)

Your Right Brain Percentages

46% Concrete (Your most dominant characteristic)
44% Fantasy-oriented
38% Nonverbal
34% Intuitive
28% Random
12% Holistic (Your least dominant characteristic)

4 comments:

Wendee said...

Ha! You know we can't resist this one. Me: Left 48%, Right 52%. Oddly, about what I was thinking.

Lex said...

cool that is a really interesting test, i use the right side of my brain more...whoo i have a creative brain lol ; )

Anonymous said...

I took the test - why I don't know. Left - 60%: Right - 40% - making me 46% logical and 39% intuitive. If I redo it in a week will they change. GMC

kelly barton art + design said...

this was fun! i was 58% concrete
[right] and 30% logical [left]. not shocked at all!