Thursday, July 26, 2007

Tufte Day

I attended Edward Tufte's one day course yesterday in Seattle. The course was informational and his books are pure elegance. I roughly calculated the guy makes over 2 million dollars from his 13 day courses around the U.S. after seeing how many attendees filled the room.

Edward Tufte on the big screen

Bumped into a friend I have not seen in ages. Ran (no, really, ran) uphill to Peter Miller on the lunch break to look through cool books. And bought two outstanding ones. Tres Logos Book and Structural Greetings. Yeah, I probably could have purchased them for less on Amazon ... but I almost killed myself getting there and I wanted them! Needed to feel my run up the hill had not been in vain. ;)

But the crazy part of the day ... waiting for 1.25 hours to get out of the parking garage! Yes. I was shocked. When I pulled up to the Marriott parking and discovered it was only valet parking and would cost $32 for the day, I opted for a less expensive lot a block away. Well, while sitting in the traffic jam heading for the exit sign ... I thought how little $32 dollars really was and how I would have paid $50 at that moment to be out of that garage!

M is in Driver's Ed and is driving us around the neighborhood every night. Baby shower this weekend ... lots to do.

No comments: