Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Self-Portrait Challenge 09.18

Me and my husband, when we were fresh and new. Anything was possible. This is my favorite photo of us, that we took of ourselves many years ago. I remember the day, putting the camera on the top of the car, taking the photo. Laughing. Feeling as the sky was the limit. The photo has sun damage and I am afraid to take it out of the frame.

A story about how in sync we are sometimes. I walked to our local art festival two blocks away, checked everything out, came home. D wanted to go to the art festival to grab some lunch and ask me if I saw any good art options. I noted most of the vendors were the same, but I saw one or two pieces that were interesing. Never mentioned what the art was, who the vendor was. He came home having purchased three pieces of art. When he unwrapped them, they were the exact art vendors and two of the prints I had made a mental note of exception to go back and further investigate their prints! Those things happen all the time. When I said I wanted a chihuahua for my birthday many years ago, he responded a resounding "No". My birthday, no chihuahua, so I guessed he wasn't kidding about having another animal in the house. A couple of days later, he came in with Pica tucked inside of his coat, having driven all day to collect my little chihuahua with a white heart on his head.

More Self-Portrait Challenge's about relationships here.

13 comments:

Bedazzzled1 said...

Kim, this is wonderful to see and read. That picture of you two is captivating...your love for each other radiates from it. And the way you are connected...ah, you two are surely soul mates.

phlegmfatale said...

Beautiful photo of a lovely pair!

dani said...

beautiful image!!!! so much love. and thanks for the story too!!!!

Shelley Noble said...

AWESOME Picture!! So full of pure Joy! So happy for you both being together today.

Anonymous said...

great photo, great story!!

roz said...

How utterly sweet!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, what a story! I feel all warm and fuzzy now. : )

Tammy Brierly said...

Look at your face it's glowing :) True love always shines and I'm thrilled for you both!

Deb R said...

Aaawww, that's a wonderful photo and a wonderful story!!

ela zawrat said...

What a beautiful photo and a heartwarming story! Hope that the Chihuahua with a white heart on his head is doing well too. Thank you for your thoughtful comment on my blog. I like your blog and I'm bookmarking it - see you later! Ela

Anonymous said...

You two looked great but so did the beautiful grandbaby alongside.

Anonymous said...

Heartwarming story and wonderfully charming photo. Love over time is the very best. Reminds me of that line of verse I have seen on greeting cards, "Love is not in the falling, it's in the staying." Thanks for sharing, Kim.

jill said...

Now that is a great story... A true couple in sync. I love the photo of you all, happiness all over!!