Thursday, September 21, 2006

Not Enough Time

Too busy with a weird work schedule. Yesterday was chilly enough to have the first fire of this fall. I managed to crawl over lots of boxes to get to my sewing machine. Printed out one of my my poppy photos and stitched on it. Part of decoration I am adding to the first of seven pieces of a Round Robin Art Project. Finally managed to finish up the first piece, get it in the mail to the next participant. I will be working on until ArtFest in March, where we will all meet up and share.



The highlight of the day was when Maureen came through Edmonds and we spent a wonderful afternoon visiting, eating, talking of cameras and art studios. She was one of my first flickr contacts, sharing her amazing landscape photography, and of course Sam, the dog I love via flickr. With the face of a teenager and the spirit of a wise, old shaman, is just as lovely "in person" as she is on her blog. She and Liz are meeting up Friday, I really wish I could get together with them! And I wish I had taken a better photo of us ;(



And fall threads in celebration of the chill in the air.

Fall threads

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the poppy!

Anonymous said...

Your poppy is gorgeous. Thanks for the weather update. I'm packing my suitcase tonight and will land in Seattle on Saturday.

liz elayne lamoreux said...

love love your poppy here and the photo of the thread.
i am so excited to see maureen tomorrow! glad you two had fun...

i can't wait to get together with you soon. i think we just pinky swear to see each other in october...

Shelley Noble said...

ok, first of all, that poopy quilt deal is GORGEOUS! I love it and will steal it. And the thread photo is so rich and lovely. It would make a fine note card as well. I'm a real fan of yours.

Tara's Art Camp said...

Oh Kim, you started the machine embroidery. Did you use the free form guide or just the regular stitching guide? I am so jealous, I want to do that!!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful poppy!

I used to ride the ferry from Kingston to play in your area. That was eons ago...I miss the area.

Colorsonmymind said...

Yummy

The poppy and the pic of you two beauties and of course the last photo too.

Love coming and seeing your photos.

Hugs

One Crabapple said...

Love the Poppy piece! can't wait to see how it turns out.

Maybe see you at ARTFEST !