Thursday, October 05, 2023

Getting real about aging

Here is the frustrating thing about getting older (old) is that the first thing you ask yourself when desperately wanting something is ...  

DO I REALLY NEED THIS? 

DO I HAVE TIME TO ENJOY THIS? 

I love these illustrators and would love to buy this book, 1959 The Golden Treasury of Myths and Legends Golden Press Hardcover Book / Vintage Mythology Alice Martín Provensen. Sure, it's not that expensive BUT it is just something that will eventually be given away by the kids, along with the thousands of other books in this house? 

I am also really want these plates, to add to the those I all ready have. But do I need them? No. I would buy them for David for Christmas but he isn't here. Will the kids keep them? I mean, they are just $45 but ... same question as with the books. Same with these wonderful rings. I would buy these in a heartbeat! $478.00 with a little lab-created diamond

I remember having many of their children's books. I think looking at these picture books inspired me with the art. To become an artst? Who knows, but I remember being fascinated by them.

Vibrant Vintage Illustrations of Homer’s Iliad and Odyssey by Alice and Martin Provensen

2 comments:

LindaSonia said...

I have heard myself say that "Do I really need this?" more times than I can count - HAHA

Kim Carney said...

me too the last couple of years!!! LOL