Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Life is like a rose

This is the first year in over 40 that I have not had at least one carved pumpkin at my front door. I usually have 6 or more. Once you start carving, you just can't stop. 

I think with all that is going on with cleaning for my S-I-L, clearing up for upcoming moving in, just generally forgetting that the holiday is quickly approaching. Is it malaise? A brain disorder? A huge sense of being overwhelmed comes to mind. I do hope it is not here to stay, but as I have said throughout the year ... I am going with whatever I am feeling at the moment and accepting it. 

My heart is breaking for a great blogger friend who just lost her husband. I know we, in the blogger-sphere are all holding her close right now. 

 I stopped by the store yesterday after collecting the girls from school. Big mistake. I ended up with twice as much as was on my list ... but who can say no? My response while they are putting stuff in the cart ... "why not", "sure", "have had it" ... 

My S-I-L is suppose to be here on Friday which is why I am on a cleaning mission. But she might have Covid. 

I saw a designer talking about Rose Medallion plates. I have heard of them before and  this time I looked them up.
















No comments: