Friday, July 08, 2022

Storyteller

Ananya Broker Parekh cares deeply about people and what they have to say. In a rapidly changing and increasingly disparate world, she strives to connect people through stories. Her Instagram

Reading some of her writings and her art, someone I would love to be friends with.  

"It’s been a year since I came back home. For the past four years, home was a pitstop. A space I shuttled in and out of. My room was always mine, but it also became everyone else’s since I was away. It served as a warehouse for all the spare parts of my family’s lives that didn’t have anywhere else to belong. Meanwhile, the life I had made on my own sat in a locked hostel room in Bangalore. My room here at home felt empty, not because it was but because I hadn’t lived in it enough. A few weeks later, the illusion that I was going back to finish my semester faded. Permanence glared at me , asking me to embrace it. So I did. I made my first ever furniture investment promising that I’d use it for work. I bought myself a chair. And my mum brought out a lamp. And as it often goes, this corner became everything apart from what it was supposed to be. 

It’s been over a year since the pandemic turned our worlds upside down and inwards, making us carve out spaces for just ‘us’ to dwell in within the confines of our homes."

No comments: