Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Starry, Starry stitching

Miniaturist Althea Crome decided to tackle a project she had on my mind for over a decade. Althea designed this piece many years ago but didn't feel that she had the skills to do it justice. She wanted to figure out a way to give the feel of painted strokes like Van Gogh's expressionism. She came up with a technique of splitting and combining very fine silk threads. These thread combinations were very hard to work with but gave her the results she was looking for. Challenging piece of micro-knitting ... Starry Night. Her Instagram. Filed under HOW DID SHE DO THAT!

2 comments:

LindaSonia said...

OMGeeee - that microknitting - Awesome with a capital "A" - hmmm just wondering where was I in line when they were handing out these talents...

Kim Carney said...

I just wonder how she ever figures out how to make that image??? by knitting with thread!! I mean, that is just mind-boggling to me! :)