Saturday, January 14, 2012

Christmas cleanup

I worked hard all week ... but then I night, took down the trees a little at a time. The trouble with putting up Christmas decorations is that you get a close and personal view of your dust and cobwebs. Today, I completely cleaned one more room, I mean - return vents, cobwebs, windows, glass, mopping on hands and knees, emptied out Indian baskets of God-know-what-I-as-saving-that-for, brought in fire wood, vacuumed every little piece of glitter I could see. Maggie and I would talking about taking on a drawer at a time ... I hit the drawers that have been the drop-spot for all of our old cell phones/chargers, keys, sunglasses, and trash that I don't even know how it got in that drawer. Oh, AND, I completely cleaned my kitchen trash can! Yuk! So, one tree/room down, one more to go. 

It snowed on and off today. I wish more would stick! In celebration of my successful day, I have lit my candles. I was thinking about a fire but mom and I are in another room watching football, so it might be wasted on us. PLUS, I MUST get to the garage and work on Brantlers. I have an interview next week with a gallery and would like to have a few more larger ones made. I have another great idea, with the supplies for my next Brantler. Can't wait to share. So much to do so little time.



I want to make this, chocolate ganache bundt cake. Plus, we have lots of brown bananas ... time for Banana Bread.

art of espalier from Pinterest. So many wonderful things to see on Pinterest ... but I really don't have the time to look to deeply. Found this interesting gardening site from a pin - Thinking outside the Boxwood. Great idea for winter gardening. I want a portion of my garden to look like this

I love this:
ambedo n. a kind of melacholic trance in which you become completely absorbed in vivid sensory details — raindrops skittering down a window, tall trees leaning in the wind, clouds of cream swirling in your coffee—which leads to a dawning awareness of the haunting fragility of life, a mood whose only known cure is the vuvuzela via Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows

Damn, the Saints just lost! What a game!

Later ... I just discovered Pica in another photo ... cleaning really tires him out! Funny I never think of it unless I see a photo, but D and I hate curtains ... and we just never put any up in any rooms. Blinds only. Beyond those houses is a great view of Whidbey Island and Puget Sound. Quilt on sofa ... because the dogs, all of the dogs, even my neighbor's dog ... lies up there ... watching other dogs ... all day long. ;)


4 comments:

Shelley Noble said...

Congratulations on making your home so pristinely clean. Wow! Impressed.

Happy cozy new year for you and yours!

s'mee said...

amen to what Shelley said.

Pinterest just may do me in, although I do check off items on a regular basis! I also encountered a board on espalier, some people are just too creative (and inspiring!)

one of my bucket list items is to visit Puget Sound and explore for as long as it takes.

I love that you don't have curtains. The way I look at it is if "they" look in and see something inappropriate, well that's "their" problem! I love open windows! Unfortunately Thor is a closet Hermit, which is to say he's pretty much happy to live behind an 8 ' hedge, no windows, or links to the outside world. We compromise as to not kill each other.

Adele said...

Came to visit tonight...did I tell you how much I love to visit. Such a warm and cozy spot, I think I would enjoy sitting with the dogs watching dogs all day too. I've just discovered pinterest myself, you can get lost in there.

Peruby said...

I am wondering if I can "channel" your current cleaning frenzy to myself via your blog. Ohhmmmm, Ohhhmmm.