Sunday, March 20, 2011

Generously free

Spent most of my day working on Friendly Foam website. First, we are focusing on just telling folks the site is under construction because all information on existing site is not current.


I notice that actions and changing the mood/color of photos has reached a fever pitch. I love the results, but I think because I manipulated photos for so long in my job, that the joy of taking a real photograph was such a treat for me. Getting the color correct. And a sharp image was my challenge. Today, I started messing around with some actions I found at Karin a fotografi and at Maria's, just to experiment and have some fun. And make some of my own actions.

Also found some great textures on Flickr (I think I have blogged this before) by entre les mots et l'image. Very generous!

And even more at Lost & Taken's Free High Resolution Textures.

Wonderful old air mail envelopes graciously offered by fuzzimo (and lots more goodies!) via Pinterest.

I spent a few minutes re-exploring textures and actions with some old photos.


 

7 comments:

Shelley Noble said...

sigh. Such lovely work of yours, Kim. AND THANKS FOR THE LINKS. CAPS UNINTENTIONAL. hee.

suzi said...

Beautiful work, Kim!

kim said...

Gorgeous. I see another beautiful calendar in my future!

Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

LOVE the results...i'm so interested in textures but i don't have any actions...and even if i did i don't know how to use them.

Maxinetoo said...

I love these ... would like to do this myself; if only I knew how. :)

Kim Carney said...

come over with wine and I will teach you ... it is super easy!!!

Maxinetoo said...

Sounds like a plan!