Sunday, August 08, 2010

Words and thoughts

I spent most of yesterday inside my computer looking at images, illustrations and shapes I have created in my life. Trying to remember where my love lies, where my talents are. Are they hiding? Was it ever there? I know all this passion I have can't be for naught. I find old files that bring me complete joy. You know those personality profile test? When I take those test my career is always first and family second. I am not proud that I am like that but I have always been a workaholic. So it is a strange reality that I will be unemployed very soon. And considering what my next move should be.

I might be a grayed-haired 50-something but I feel young. I do! I know I still have many things to accomplish. I am writing a long list of what they are for the following months. Thinking of how to reinvent myself. Find myself after 10 years of doing one thing and the next 4 learning the new ways of a graphic designer.

Enjoy the little things,
for one day
you may look back and realize
they were the big things.
- Robert Brault

Photography is a way of telling what you feel about what you see.
- Ansel Adams

Thank you M, adding this too!

Impossible situations can become possible miracles.
- Robert Schuller

YoungDoo's blog words & thoughts on photography where I found the first quote, is a beautiful place.

7 comments:

meggiecat said...

What if your new job were to be studio time? You could explore these feelings, use the great stash of stuff you have and at the end you would have a show.
This is my mantra:
I live a charmed life. Everything I need will be put before me. I only have to keep my eyes and mind open.
Hugs,
Kathy

Kim Carney said...

yes, that is on my list ;)

I am sharing your mantra

xoxo

Maxinetoo said...

You are so talented. I wish for you to do what you love and makes you happy! xoxoxo

Erin said...

Kim, I know the expected thing is to find another "job". But I hope you're able to create something of your own. You are so talented, and I can't help thinking that if you were able to pour your energy, devotion, skills and that great eye into something of your own instead of someone else profiting from it... well, I guess I think that would be great.

Cheering for you over here, however the path looks :)

Dorian Fletcher said...

Hi Kim...I haven't been very active in the blogging world of late - but continue to read and enjoy your wonderful entries. I relate to your current dilemma (loss of job; etc). I went through it two years ago after being a graphic artist at a newspaper for 22 years. Take some time to gather your wits and enjoy life. Creative people have a way of finding their niche - and with your talents, you will find yours.

KS Grandma said...

Kim - In the Miller household there is a saying that has become a sort of mantra. You must (with a heavy Polish accent) complain no end & then with a smile & shrug say "Somehow we passed through". On reflection over my life I see where it is true. For you maybe after a time of reflection you will come to a path that satisfies you & your many talents & follow it. Remember your Mother & I own bragging rights.

Kim Carney said...

Gerrie, Erin, Dorian and grandma -- Thank you for the words of encouragement and belief in me.

Dorian, what are doing now?

Erin, you never did send me your address ;)

xoxo Kim