Sunday, August 15, 2010

Before the sun

Will I ever stop waking up at 3:30a, 4:40a and 5:30a every morning? And now the dogs are so accustomed of going out very early that once I have taken them out, I can not drift back to sleep. Start the coffee and blog or create art in the quiet of the morning. Maybe this is a blessing.

The bees were on their mission very early this morning. The lavender and Japanese anemones are calling to them before the sun comes up. Yesterday D tirelessly weeded the new beds where I transplanted most of the peonies. I hope they become happy there because they didn't do so well this year. We have removed many established Barberry bushes that were out of control, added the beds, that the yard doesn't seem familiar anymore. I hated to take them out but we replaced them with friendlier Red Twig Dogwoods. I planted another Meadow Rue, I couldn't help myself, I had to buy another. Bill Casselman has a great post on Meadow Rue.



I can't keep up with the thoughts going on in my head. So I sit at my computer, file for unemployment, search for jobs, make my list, create art, think happy thoughts, dread the scary ones.  I think I am trying to remember how to create something. It has been a long time. Yesterday I played around with making dandelions out of type, O, !, Y, T's. Why, you ask? I have no idea but it was fun and occupied most of my day. Then I tried my hand at animating one in Flash. Again trying to remember what Flash I learned so long ago but haven't used it. Now I think I might used one of the designs in a card, or carve it and make prints. Screen print? Still trying to finish up the art for my 4-card series based on the Bird postcards I created long ago. Found a printer. The last 5 days have literally felt like a month of solitude, in a good way. I am finishing up a painting and now incorporating the 5 stages of grief. I am thinking I can work through this phase of my life in paint. Thank you all again! for your good wishes, compliments and happy thoughts. They are being put to good use. ;)





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

*You*, my dear, have great things ahead .. look at this time as "funemployment", as a neighbor of mine calls it .. you've been in need of stretching your artistic wings for a while now, so .. here's your chance!

I am envious of your backyard and amazed by your talent -- LOVE those dandelions! You rock, sister!

xoxo!

Kim Carney said...

Thank you Maggy! funemployment is a good term for this week. I am flapping wings as I type! xoxooxoxo!!!!

Erin said...

Love, love, love your dandelions!

Scott W said...

Kim, these are lovely! Sorry I was tied up the other day.

Bill Casselman said...

Kim -

Thanks for the praise of my Meadow Rue essay! Glad you liked it.

I LOVE your dandelions. They would sprout pleasantly on note paper.

Bill Casselman

Kim Carney said...

Thank you Bill!

Why do I love meadow rue so much? I can't explain it. But the little purple explosions are almost too much for me! I saw a bunch of them together, about 6 feet tall in Everett, all blooming and feel in love! Yes, they would make cute notepaper! Thanks for the encouragement.

Scott ... will catch up with you soon ;)
xoxo

Amy said...

Your dandelions are fantastic! (As always :)). And that backyard is straight out of a magazine. It's what my sad, little heat-stroked garden aspires to be...

phlegmfatale said...

love love love your dandelions.

I'm hating that you're unemployed, but I have a proposition for you. You've been in my mind and a project I've been planning, well, I really want to talk to you about it. Love you so very much, and I know that there are more extraordinary things ahead for you. Funemployment. Now THERE's a concept. :)

mollymell said...

Kim, these dandelions are so lovely, and your garden looks so great. I can't wait for the wheather to get warmer. It's still so cool here.

Kim Carney said...

Thank you Regina! My yard to so wet right now that I just walk out, look around, prune a few hydrangea canes, and come back in to the warmth! Want a little sun ;)