Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Fine Art Of Books (And More)

A wonderful friend at work loaned me "The Penland Books of Handmade Books" today. I have thumbed through it at the bookstore before, but ate it up during lunch.

Terry Braunstein

Ruth Laxson

Pamela Spitzmueller

Bonnie Thompson Norman, The Windowpane Press (I was lucky enough to take a class from her, thank you! Chris!)

Tennille Shuster

And then one clicked led to another ...

Popular Kinetics Press

Vamp & Tramp links to miniature book resources

Magnolia Editions fine art studio in Oakland, California ... featuring
Squeak Carnwath and more and Alan Magee.

There is something very soothing about this piece by Shaun O'Dell.

This seems so familiar and quiet and beautiful by Bing Wright.

Daniel Essig sacred geometry ... it is stunning work.

2 comments:

Tara's Art Camp said...

Squeak Carnwath has always been one of my favorite artists. I wish I could see her large work in person!!

Anonymous said...

Inspiring images. Love your phots, too.