Wednesday, September 12, 2007

That's The Way Love Goes

I was listening to KCTS while I was doing my Illustration Friday illustration. First they had American Master, Tony Bennett special ... excellent. Then to my surprise, was a "The Last of the Breed", the best of country and western classic music. And I cried when I heard "That's the way love goes" by Merle Haggard. In my teens, while driving around dark highways in West Texas, my best friend, Teresa (in her old car we called ONO, because, oh no, it wouldn't start again) would sing these songs with her wonderful voice. This was one of my absolute favorite songs! I love the C&W classics, they hold so many memories for me. VFW Hall dances, rodeos, ropings, driving down dark Texas highways with stars lighting the way, dancing with my dad ...

I did see Ray Price at a dance hall in Lewisville when I was in High School. Seems so far away now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We watched Pop Music of the 50s and then the Last of the breed on PBS tother nite and enjoyed! What a treat! Grandma M.C.

Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

i haven't thought about that song in awhile...it's a favorite...i've seen him in concert...

S'mee said...

Oh we just watched this last night...fabulous!