Friday, March 04, 2005

Good Friends, Good Food And Sun

July 4th is a special day here, not only because we gather with friends we love from near and far, but it also usually means the end of rainy season in the Northwest. At dark, we all walk a couple of blocks to watch the Edmonds firework display in our coats, come back and warm up by a fire. Drink wine and fuss at the boys and men illegally popping fireworks on the street.
Today, I am dreaming of linen shirts, open-toe shoes and polished toe nails, sun-bathing in the privacy of my backyard, the smell of freshly mowed grass, and gatherings with lots of food and friends. Photos taken by my good friend Sherry.

Table set in the shade of a tree.



Lanterns hung in the grapevines.



Ruth, my mom and Elana.





3 comments:

Liquid Sky Arts said...

I love the colorful chairs, those hydrangeas, and the lanterns. Such wonderful ambience!

"Maggie & Kevin" said...

The colors are so vibrant,now you have me yearning for summer all too quickly! Lovely flowers, just lovely.

http://www.designerm.com/blog.html

Anonymous said...

The light in your pictures is gorgeous! What a fun event, I wish I could have been there!